Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Harry William Herren

Harry was my grandfather on my father's side.  I did not know he had Americanized his name until I started researching that branch of my tree.  Thank goodness my father thought to let me know this VERY important piece of information!

He knew his family had moved to Iowa, so I googled the name and found a few listings for Heeren folks.  I chose one and wrote a letter, since I had no email for the person.  Serendipitous!!  I received a package in the mail with a wonderful letter and PICTURES!!!  I cried when I opened it and saw the contents.  These are the pictures that I received.


My father

My grandfather


My great grandparents

My second great grandmother

My great grandparents

 My second great grandparents





No comments:

Post a Comment